The Tools You Need for Leatherwork! [HD]
Das Video The Tools You Need for Leatherwork! [HD] darf nicht auf dieser Website angezeigt werden.
Du kannst es jedoch auf Youtube ansehen: zum Video.
If you have found the collection of leatherwork videos helpful and would like to send me a small donation there are details on how you can do so as well as info on the videos in the link above! There is also information on there about shops as well as a gallery of my work and other info.
This video shows you the basic tools that I think you need to start leatherwork and make a neat job of it! Some people would argue that you don't need some of this but if you cut corners you'll make second rate items in my opinion.
Here are the items from the video that you will need (in the UK I recommend you buy from either Le Prevo or The Identity Store):
* Safety ruler
* Non metallic hammer/hide mallet/wooden mallet
* Glue (contact adhesive such as Evostick Timebond)
* Hole punches (hammer tools not a rotating one unless you're only using very thin leather)
* NOT IN VIDEO -- a skiver or safety bevelled for thinning down leather
* Stitch groovers (parallel and freehand)
* Overstitch wheels (numbers 5 and 6 should cover most items)
* Diamond awl blade and handle
* Saddlery needles (sizes 2 and 3)
* Thread (either 18/3 linen thread or pre-waxed nylon thread)
* Needle nose pliers
* Edge bevellers (sizes 1-3 are most useful, but at least a 3)
* Bone folder
* Edge slicker
* Sandpaper or Dremel
Dyes and Finishes
* Dye (I recommend Fiebings Professional Oil Dye)
* Wool daubers
* Carnauba cream
* Gum tragacanth
* Tan kote
* Leather sheen or other finish
* NOT IN VIDEO -- some neatsfoot oil to replenish dry leather and make it supple
Suchbegriffe für The Tools You Need for Leatherwork! [HD]